Studies show that:
• About 1 in 5 women will develop depression at some point in their lives
• Women are twice as likely as men to have depression
• While depression can occur at any age, it most commonly takes place between the ages of 40 and 59
Think Pink is a new peer-based support group for women overcoming battles with stress, anxiety and depression, or caring for a loved one who is.
Think Pink’s program will meet every Thursday for 8 weeks at the BCC Incubator located at 100 Technology Way in Mount Laurel. The meetings are scheduled to run from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Topics that will be addressed include:
• What is depression?
• Who does depression target?
• Symptoms and contributing factors of depression.
• Phases of depression.
• Keys to prevent and/or overcome depression.
• When and who to ask for help.
• Positive thinking and coping strategies.
While it is free to attend, seating is limited and registration is required. Visit http://www.awomansbusiness.org/ or call (856) 817-6223 to register.