This unit funds alcohol and drug abuse treatment planning and programs for county residents.
Learn about the Children’s Inter-Agency Coordinating Committee.
Learn about the Human Services Advisory Council.
All drivers who are convicted of a DUI or refusal of a breathalyzer are required to complete this program.
Learn about the Mental Health Board.
- Naloxone365 List of Participating Pharmacies - Burlington County
- Fentanyl Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Resources for Talking with children about Ukraine and Russia (PDF)
- 2021 Mental Health Resource Guide (PDF)
- DCF - Hotlines for Kids (PDF)
- DCF - Children's System of Care
- Looking For a Designated, Safe Location to Dispose of Prescriptions? Find a current list of safe medication disposal locations in Burl Co here
- MHANJ's Bell Newsletter -- BIPOC MH Month, Strategies, Events, Groups ++
- Covid Counseling 1 (PDF)
- Covid Counseling 2 (PDF)
- LBGTQ Resource List (PDF)
An Annual LGBT Pride Celebration
Every year, during the month of June, the LGBT community celebrates in a number of different ways. Across the globe, various events are held during this special month as a way of recognizing the influence LGBT people have had around the world. Why was June chosen? Because it is when the Stonewall Riots took place, way back in 1969.
Announcements & Reports
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
On July 16, 2022, 988 will become the nationwide 3-digit dialing code for crisis and suicide prevention. It will replace the 1-800 number currently used by the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. On this date, when someone calls 988 all phones in the U.S. (mobile and landline) will connect with the crisis/suicide prevention system. This will allow anyone in the U.S. to call 988 and get help designed specifically for someone dealing with a mental health crisis.
What happens when you call, chat or text:
September 2022 overview of 988 in NJ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iySDD_oa2i8
General information on 988 in NJ on DMHAS website: https://www.nj.gov/humanservices/dmhas/initiatives/988/
SAMHSA FAQ page: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/988/faqs
988 Lifeline Video: https:///www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/988-impact.mp4
Each HSAC completed a county-specific needs assessment report that discussed findings related to six basic need areas and seven specialized need areas in their individual counties. These reports discuss the scope and nature of each need area, as well as local considerations, i.e. resources and timeframes for addressing, for priority needs areas.
Recovery Resource Center - Westampton Location
- Painting w/Peers Flyer - November 9, 2023
- Burlington Recovery Resource Center Virtual Support Services - Zoom Meeting (PDF)
- Burlington Recovery Resource Center Virtual Support Services (Spanish) - Zoom Meeting (PDF)
- Cares Calendar - November 2023 (PDF)
- Burlington Recovery Center - CARES Brochure
Community Peer Recovery Center - City of Burlington Location
- Free Recovery Support Burlington City Flyer (PDF)
- Free Recovery Support - Spanish Flyer (PDF)
- Free Recovery Support - Portuguese Flyer (PDF)
- Mobilize Recovery Across America 2022