A celebration of all things Autumn in the park with individual “lands” to visit in the spirit of the season.
• High Octane Chainsaw Art - Experience the heart-pounding excitement of watching a skilled artist wield a chainsaw with surgical precision, transforming a log into a striking piece of art.
• Take home a masterpiece from the auction, knowing that the proceeds support the Friends of Smithville Mansion.
• Visit the tents of Gypsy Funk Squad and enjoy belly dancing and world music with songs from Turkey, Armenia, Egypt, The Balkans, Israel, Lebanon, along with revamped rock/pop/dance tunes and original psychedelic surprises thrown in... belly style!
• Crankie Performance - What's a crankie you ask? They are an old storytelling art form. Start with a long, illustrated scroll that is wound onto two spools. The spools are loaded into a box that has a viewing window. The scroll is then hand-cranked while the story is told, a song is sung, or a tune is played. If you haven't seen one before, you won’t want to miss this. Maisie O’Brien will be presenting her rendition of “Solomon Grundy” at 3:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
• Nestled in the Boxwood Hedge Maze in front of the Mansion, you will discover the world of paranormal research. Area paranormal investigators will share their methods and their stories.
• Tarot Readings – See what the future holds.
• Walk the Maze if you dare!
• Our popular scarecrow contest is back again this year. Friends, neighbors, scout groups, businesses, and local organizations, have a great time and compete against each other to create “the Best Scarecrow Display.” Scarecrows of all varieties, some creepy and all creative, will line Park Avenue. Vote for your favorite scarecrow. Winners will be announced at 6:30 PM.
• From blacksmiths to basket makers, artists and artisans will be demonstrating and exhibiting their work.
• Try your hand at some basket weaving and tuck a wish or intention in our Bonfire Basket. It will be ignited at dusk to symbolically disperse our positive intentions.
Pop-Up Nature Center