NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS SHALL BE ALLOWED TO VISIT UNLESS THE INMATE IS THE PARENT OF THE CHILD AND ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
WHEN THERE IS A STATE OF EMERGENCY CALLED THERE WILL BE NO VISITING SESSIONS HELD.
The Burlington County Jail offers both contact and non-contact visiting at the Burlington County Detention Facility (BCDF). You can review the Burlington County Detention Center visiting schedule and policies online.
Contact visiting is a privilege; therefore, after an inmate is incarcerated for a period of 90 days, the inmate may submit a request to have contact visits. After the request is received, the Administration office will review the inmate's file. If it is found that the requirements are met contact visiting will be approved. If it is found that the inmate does not meet the requirements then contact visiting will be denied.
Calling an Inmate
In order to have an inmate call out, a family member must put money into a Global Tel Link (GTL) account by calling 1-877-650-4249.
Children under the age of eighteen years will not be counted as visitors on the list. However, the following restrictions will apply.
- No more than 2 babies or children will be allowed.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (parent / legal guardian).
- All children must be controlled by the visitor and not allowed to roam around in the visiting room. Children must remain seated.
- Identification is required for each child.
- Infant strollers and baby carriages are not allowed in the visiting area.
- No changing of diapers will be allowed in the visiting area.
Acceptable forms of identification are those from a state or governmental agency which clearly states the visitor's name, address and date of birth.
- Birth certificate (required for children having no other form of I.D.)
- Current state driver's license
- Military I.D. Card
- Employment photo I.D.
- Current passport
Whenever in doubt and questions exist, visit shall be denied. The jail is under no obligation to allow persons with questionable identities to visit inmates. I.D Cards purchased in local convenience /discount stores will not be acceptable