HOME Investment Partnerships Program
HOME Developer Program
HOME is a flexible program designed to work in partnership with local nonprofit and/or for-profit groups to fund a wide range of activities that build, buy, and/or rehabilitate affordable housing for rent or home ownership. The purposes of the HOME program are:
- Expand the supply of affordable, decent, safe and sanitary housing.
- Preserve and improve the existing residential areas through rehabilitation of existing housing.
- Strengthen public-private partnerships to further affordable housing development.
- Promote the development of Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO's) and their role as affordable housing developers and sponsors.
- Provide gap financing that will make housing development feasible with costs affordable to low income residents.
- Appendix A 2019 HOME Income Limits (PDF)
- Appendix B 2019 HOME Rent Limits (PDF)
- Appendix C 2018 Utility Allowance Chart (PDF)
- Appendix D Maximum Purchase Price (HOME Homeownership Value Limits) (PDF)
- Appendix E HOME Maximum Per-Unit Subsidy Limits (PDF)
- Appendix F Conflict of Interest Questionnaire Consent to Disclose (PDF)
- Appendix G Certification to Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders Concerning Political Contributions (PDF)
- Burlington County HOME Investment Partnerships Program Application - Homeownership Projects
- Burlington County HOME Investment Partnerships Program Application - Rental Projects
- HOME Developer's Guide (PDF)
- Burlington County HOME Funded Affordable Rental Housing (PDF)
Please note: The Developer’s Guide appendices A through E may change annually due to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) annual updates.
- Guide to Affordable Housing in Burlington County
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program Federal Rules and Regulations 24 CFR Part 92
For questions regarding the County’s HOME Investment Partnerships Program, please contact Burlington County Office of Housing and Community Development at 609-265-5072 or send an email.
First-Time Homebuyer Program
Burlington County receives an allocation of HOME Investment Partnership Program funds each year from the federal government to provide assistance to low- and moderate-income residents through a variety of local housing-related projects. The Board of Chosen Freeholders has designated a portion of these funds to be made available through the First-Time Homebuyer Program, which is administered by the Burlington County Office of Housing and Community Development.
The First-Time Homebuyer Program provides direct financial assistance to low-income Burlington County residents to help with the purchase of a first home. Eligible applicants may receive a loan for up to $4,000 in closing cost assistance and low-income applicants may receive an additional $5,000 toward his/her down payment.
Program Brochure & Income Guidelines
For questions regarding the county’s First-Time Homebuyer Program, please contact Burlington County Office of Housing and Community Development at 609-265-5072 or send an email.